CSC (Cinnamon Sugar Cocoa) Fried Chicken Strips
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients34 m servings 307
Original recipe yields 4 servings (12 strips)
- Whisk egg, egg white, heavy cream, and garlic salt together in a small bowl.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, and cinnamon sugar in a separate small bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place half of the chicken into the egg mixture; let sit for 2 minutes. Remove chicken from egg mixture and place in the flour mixture, turning to coat all sides. Place the coated chicken pieces onto a paper towel. Repeat dipping the the remaining chicken in the egg mixture and the flour mixture.
- Gently place the first batch of coated chicken in the hot oil; fry until chicken is cooked through and floats to the top, about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate lined with fresh paper towels. Repeat frying with the second batch of chicken. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before eating.
- Cook's Note:
- You can test the heat of the oil by gently dropping a small amount of egg into the oil. If it stays on top and begins to cook, the oil is ready.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 307 calories; 14 26.6 17.9 89 1422 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
No I didn't make any changes. I will make it again. I plan on adding more coco and cinnamon sugar.