Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 97 cals
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 patties)
- Combine butternut squash, potato, onion, and salt in a large bowl; let sit until moisture is drawn out, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a colander and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Place squash mixture in a bowl and mix in flour, egg, black pepper, and baking powder until well blended.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season spinach with salt and pepper; transfer to a bowl.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons squash mixture and form into a small ball using your hands; flatten into a patty. Add 1 teaspoon spinach to the flattened patty and form patty around the spinach into a ball. Flatten the ball with the palms of your hands. Repeat using the remaining squash mixture and spinach creating 12 to 14 more spinach-stuffed patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook patties until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer cooked patties to a plate and repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Cook's Note:
- Onion keeps potatoes from turning dark. I would recommend grating onion before grating potatoes.
Per Serving: 97 calories; 3.4 g fat; 15.8 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 200 mg sodium. Full nutrition