Ingredients2 h 3 m servings 315
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place butternut squash in a baking dish, flesh side up. Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter over the flesh and top with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and cayenne pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour. Remove squash from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat; add 1 tablespoon butter. Cook and stir onion in the melted butter for 2 minutes. Add curry powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk; bring to a boil.
- Scoop flesh from the butternut squash and add to coconut milk mixture; mix in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, vegetable stock, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until soup is heated through.
- Blend soup using an immersion blender on low speed. Simmer until soup is smooth and thickened, about 20 minutes more. Add more vegetable stock for a thinner consistency and season with salt.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each with pepitas and a pinch of nutmeg.
Per Serving: 315 calories; 22.8 27.6 6.5 10 624 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
YUM! I cooked the squash (I used Kabocha), the day before so putting it all together was a breeze. We don't like nutmeg so I sub cinnamon and turmeric instead YUM!!!! Used low fat coconut mil...
First time and I will do again and again....curry, nutmeg,cinnamon go perfect. I tried this also with sweet potatoes.
Made exactly as written...my husband loved it so much that I'm making it again this week. The flavours were outstanding. Thank you for a great recipe!
Made the recipe just as published and it is wonderful. Will make it again!
I used acorn squash and chicken stock, my hubby doesn’t like nutmeg so left that out... it was yummy. The pumpkin seeds really made the dish for me
This is a great recipe. Can add enhancements as you like, but also good as is. I even like to add half of an apple!!! For a short cut, I buy the already bagged, chopped butternut squash, mic...