Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 741 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place acorn squash cut-side down in a baking pan.
- Bake acorn squash in the preheated oven until tender when pierced with a fork, 30 to 40 minutes. Flip to face up and cool until easily handled.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in prunes, raisins, apricots, garlic, and ginger. Cook until prunes, raisins, and apricots plump up and quinoa is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil over quinoa mixture and add salt; mix well.
- Scoop flesh of the acorn squash from the shells; cut into cubes and toss gently with quinoa mixture. Stuff empty shells with mixture. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute walnuts for the pecans if desired.
Per Serving: 741 calories; 22.3 g fat; 128.2 g carbohydrates; 17.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 101 mg sodium. Full nutrition