Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 662
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a Dutch oven or large pasta pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta water, rinse and return to pot. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, saute shallots and garlic in olive oil until softened and fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Add flour, coating shallot and garlic to start a roux. Slowly pour in Almond Breeze, whisking constantly until smooth, and bring mixture to a simmer. Let cook for an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until thickened. Add lemon juice and nutritional yeast, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Blending will help the sauce thicken.
- While sauce is cooking, pulse pesto ingredients in a blender or food processor, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula, until mixture is smooth. Season to taste, and set aside.
- To finish, combine sauce, 1/2 cup of the kale almond pesto and pasta, and stir until well mixed. Serve on plates or in deep bowls, and garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and basil.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the kale almond pesto and does not reflect the amount actually used in this recipe. Refrigerate any extra pesto.
Per Serving: 662 calories; 34.1 75.9 20.1 7 258 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1