Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 443
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange butternut squash slices in a single layer on each baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over each layer; season each with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is soft but still firm to the bite, about 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef and garlic until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain grease. Mix in remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, pasta sauce, brown sugar, basil, and 1 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining 1 teaspoon salt, ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and parsley together in a bowl.
- Layer 1/3 of the squash slices in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover squash with 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the beef mixture. Repeat layers, ending with remaining squash slices and sauce. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheeses are melted and sauce is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 443 calories; 21.3 41.2 24.7 99 1235 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had already roasted pumpkin cubes (with no seasoning) that needed to be used up, so I picked this recipe. Instead of making it a "lasagna," I put the squash in the bottom, then the ricotta mix...