made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 140 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 cups)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, celery and thyme until vegetables are very soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook until just beginning to brown, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in 2 cups broth. Cook, stirring frequently with a whisk, until thickened and smooth, about 3 minutes; cool. Refrigerate gravy base and remaining 2 cups broth up to 2 days before serving.
- When turkey is finished roasting, remove from pan to let rest. Skim fat from pan drippings. Add turkey pan drippings to refrigerated gravy base in a medium saucepan; heat over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add reserved broth 1/4 cup at a time until desired thickness. Simmer until heated through and serve.
- To make Mushroom-Wine Turkey Gravy, prepare recipe as directed, except add 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms and 2 Tbsp. dry red or white wine when cooking onion and celery and substitute sage for thyme, if desired.
- May use College Inn® Turkey Broth instead of Chicken Broth.
Per Serving: 140 calories; 12.1 g fat; 6.6 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 525 mg sodium. Full nutrition