Classic Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 381 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions for a double recipe, using broth in place of the liquid. Let cool 30 minutes before coarsely crumbling in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage until browned, stirring frequently; remove and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth, celery, onion and sage to sausage drippings in skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in black pepper and remove from heat.
- Stir sausage and celery mixture into cornbread. Add remaining broth and egg; gently stir until just moistened. (For moister stuffing, add 1 cup additional broth.) Spoon into an 11x7-inch baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Eight cups coarsely crumbled cornbread of your own recipe can be used instead of cornbread prepared from mix.
- May use or smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced instead of pork sausage.
- May use College Inn® Turkey Broth instead of Chicken Broth.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 17.7 g fat; 42.9 g carbohydrates; 12.1 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 1713 mg sodium. Full nutrition