Chicken Stew (Kerala-Style)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 339
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves, and cardamom; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir until browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir onion and bay leaf into the pot; cook, stirring constantly, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add potato, carrot, green chile peppers, green beans, and salt. Stir in ground black peppers and turmeric. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir chicken into the pot until evenly mixed, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in enough water to cover the chicken. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir coconut milk and green peas gently into the pot. Cook until heated through but not boiling, about 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If using chicken legs, score them to absorb the flavors.
- You can replace the chicken in this recipe with mutton, and a you'll get a brilliant mutton stew.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 18.2 23.1 23.2 51 110 Full nutrition