Goat Cheese Potato Pancakes with Poached Eggs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients39 m servings 231
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 pancakes)
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage patties until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to 3 serving plates.
- Bring 3 or 4 cups of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add potatoes and green onions; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and cool under running water.
- Combine potatoes, green onions, mushrooms, quick-mixing flour, garlic powder, pepper, and sea salt in a bowl; mix well by hand. Blend in goat cheese with your fingers.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium-high heat. Drop potato mixture into the skillet in 3 portions. Flatten into 3-inch pancakes with spoon or spatula. Cook until browned and slightly crusted, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place on top of sausage patties.
- Fill a large saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to bring water to a gentle simmer; add vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Gently slip into the simmering water, holding the bowl just above the surface of the water. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Cook eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks have thickened, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, dab on a kitchen towel to remove excess water, and place on top of pancakes.
- Cook's Note:
- The amount of flour may vary based on the moisture content of the goat cheese and how much moisture remains on the potato after blanching; adjust accordingly.
Per Serving: 231 calories; 12.8 16.3 13.6 193 543 Full nutrition