Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 138 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cakes)
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels; chop into smaller pieces.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pot; mash slightly.
- Stir bacon, blue cheese, milk, egg, green onions, salt, and pepper into the pot; mash mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour bread crumbs into a shallow bowl. Shape the potato mixture into twelve 1/2-inch thick cakes; dredge in bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 potato cakes; cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining potato cakes. Cover and keep warm.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute bacon grease for the olive oil and butter if desired.
- The cakes can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Add 2 minutes per side to cook through.
Per Serving: 138 calories; 5.8 g fat; 17.2 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 320 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Really liked these. The blue cheese added an extra depth of flavor. Had to make two separate batches since the grandkids don't like blue cheese. I thought they were much better with the blue che...