Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 8 m servings 1020
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 10-inch tube cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat vegetable oil, 1 cup brown sugar, white sugar, and 1/2 cup butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in flour, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg until batter is smooth.
- Toss apples with lemon juice in a bowl; coat evenly with cinnamon. Fold apples, raisins, walnuts, and coconut into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan; smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven, rotating halfway, until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool, about 10 minutes. Poke holes all over the cake with a skewer.
- Melt 3/4 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup brown sugar and milk, stirring frequently until sauce comes to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce slowly over the cake, filling all the holes and letting it soak in evenly. Let cake cool in the pan completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Stir margarita mix and confectioners' sugar together in a bowl until smooth and glossy. Invert cake onto a serving platter and drizzle glaze on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- You may use a 6x8x2-inch pan and reduce the baking time by 10 minutes.
- To take it even further over the top, you could zest a lime and/or sprinkle shredded coconut over the top of the glaze. You could also add a splash of tequila to the glaze.
Per Serving: 1020 calories; 57.1 124.1 8.9 117 598 Full nutrition