The Original Apple Dapples
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is an award-winning recipe from the VA Tech Home Sweet Home Contest that I made up. It's a truly wonderful, rich, and delightful dessert. It's a small personal apple pie with a great crumb topping, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and warm caramel sauce. It's a nice way to end a lovely dinner."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients43 m servings 218 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 16 individual muffin cups with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Split biscuits in half. Place 1 half in each muffin cup; press biscuit dough to cover the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Place apple pie filling in a bowl; cut up larger pieces of apples. Mix in vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Divide filling among dough-lined cups.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, flour, brown sugar, and nutmeg in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over pie filling and gently press down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 13 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Carefully transfer to serving plates; cool for 5 minutes more. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel topping.
- Cook's Note:
- Use muffin tins if individual muffin cups are available.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 7.2 g fat; 37.4 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 17 mg cholesterol; 231 mg sodium. Full nutrition