Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 105
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 loaves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Combine water and flaxseed meal in a small bowl. Let stand until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir flaxseed mixture, applesauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and almond milk together in a bowl. Add pumpkin puree.
- Mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Blend in applesauce mixture. Divide batter between loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.
- Cook's Notes:
- Core and seed 2 apples and process with a dash of water in a food processor to make applesauce if preferred.
- Substitute 1 cup agave syrup for the brown sugar if desired.
- Substitute 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon if desired.
- Add walnuts if desired.
- This recipe makes 24 muffins. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 105 calories; 3.6 17.6 2 0 124 Full nutrition