Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 241 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 loaf)
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add pumpkin, cover, and steam until fully cooked, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
- Place chia seeds in a blender; add hot water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Scoop flesh out of pumpkin halves and add to blender. Add crystallized sugar cane juice and agave nectar to blender; blend until pumpkin mixture is very smooth.
- Mix spelt flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves together in a bowl. Fold pumpkin mixture and walnuts into flour mixture until batter is just mixed; spoon into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- One can of pumpkin puree can be used in place of the fresh pumpkin, if desired.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 6.2 g fat; 44.2 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 333 mg sodium. Full nutrition