Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients48 m servings 78 cals
Original recipe yields 60 servings (5 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup sugar and shortening in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in pumpkin puree and eggs.
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves together in a bowl. Fold into shortening mixture until a sticky dough forms.
- Place 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape spoonfuls of dough into small balls. Roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Roll cookies in cinnamon sugar instead of white sugar if preferred.
Per Serving: 78 calories; 3.7 g fat; 10.7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 39 mg sodium. Full nutrition