Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Reverse Potato Skins
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 277
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Mix sour cream, salsa verde, and cilantro together in a bowl until sauce is evenly mixed; refrigerate.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool in a large bowl.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place peppers on the baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 3 to 4 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease in the skillet. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and chop.
- Combine red bell pepper, onion, and garlic in the skillet with reserved bacon grease; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 of the bacon, red bell pepper mixture, Cheddar cheese, milk, and butter into the potatoes; mash until well blended.
- Remove skins from the roasted poblano peppers. Make a small cut in each pepper and scrape out seeds. Stuff peppers with potato mixture and top with remaining bacon and sauce.
You might also like
Per Serving: 277 calories; 14.8 27.2 10.4 38 351 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was excellent. My husband ate pepper and all, and he usually leaves the pepper and just eats the filling. The only question I had was that the recipe doesn't say if you are supposed to put...