Artichoke and Chicken Sausage Cauliflower "Paella"
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
Ingredients55 m servings 427
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor; pulse into grains the size of rice.
- Combine hot water and saffron threads in a small bowl; let stand for 3 minutes to infuse.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a paella pan over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini and onion; cook for 3 minutes. Add saffron infusion, carrot, garlic, and cayenne pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir cauliflower "rice" and artichokes into the pan. Cook and stir until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in stock; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until most of the stock is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in snow peas; simmer until all stock is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove paella from the heat and drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock if desired.
- Use mild or hot sausage as preferred.
Per Serving: 427 calories; 26.9 32 18.1 26 2196 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
We really liked this dish. It looked like a beautiful feast in the pan, and it did not disappoint! Satisfying to the eye and to the tongue, it was a warm, filling lunch on a cold day in Januar...
This tasted good and looked nice in the pan. However, once scooped into bowls, it looked awful. The leftovers looked even worse the next day -- they turned an awful shade of grey. Even though we...