Dairy- and Gluten-Free Zucchini Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
made it | 0 reviews |
"My favorite muffin recipe is a chocolate chip orange zucchini bread recipe found on Allrecipes! But when I had to cut out dairy and gluten, I had to get creative to get the same satisfaction out of a healthier version. These turned out great! Be sure to add the glaze - it really makes the muffin."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients47 m servings 240 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix almond flour, chocolate chips, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and frothy. Add brown sugar, almond oil, maple syrup, 1 teaspoon orange zest, and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in zucchini. Fold in almond flour mixture until well blended. Thin batter with almond milk if it appears too thick.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice, and 1 teaspoon orange zest in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer on high speed until glaze is smooth. Spoon glaze over muffins. Let stand for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Cook's Note:
- This is a great recipe to individually wrap and freeze.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 13.6 g fat; 26.3 g carbohydrates; 4.9 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 173 mg sodium. Full nutrition