Bulgogi Beef (Korean-Style Barbecue)
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 998
- Mix garlic, grated onion, grated ginger, toasted sesame oil, brown sugar together in a mixing bowl. Stir in grated pear, soy sauce, and chile flakes.
- Transfer meat to marinade and toss to coat on all sides. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Season meat with salt and a drizzle of vegetable oil. Toss.
- Brush a cast iron skillet with a little vegetable oil and place over high heat. When skillet is very hot, add beef in a single layer and cook until meat begins to caramelize around the edges and moisture begins to evaporate, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve over hot rice and top with green onion slices.
- Chef's Note:
- You can marinate the beef for up to 12 hours, but I have good results with a 1- to 2-hour marination time.
Per Serving: 998 calories; 66.9 63.4 34.5 117 2394 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
Now that was a tasty dish. Well worth a trip to the Asian market for the spice. I had my skillet hot, but it took about 10 -12 minutes at high heat on my commercial range. Easy to make, don't...
This is a very good recipe. I have never found Korean red pepper, so I use 1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers, instead. I, also, use an apple instead of a pear with the same basic effect and is read...
This was very good! Some things I will do next time: marinate for 3 hrs, it just needed a little more time. Make sure you use the fan on the stove and open the windows; a very hot cast iron p...
Made this tonight just as the recipe stated. We were able to find the Korean red pepper at a Kroger store called frys. The pear was called an apple pear at our store. The meat we used was bonele...
I used a flank steak that was about a pound and a half, so only marinated for one hour. Initially, I wasn't sure whether to give this four or five stars. However, we had some left over and I use...
This is the closest I have made to authentic Mongolian Beef. I followed the recipe exactly except that I didn’t have a pear or apple, but I did find a little pack of unsweetened applesauce in th...
I used low sodium soy, and did not use any additional salt. Otherwise, I followed the rest of the recipe as stated. I put the meat in the freezer to firm it up, then slice it, a quart of an inc...