"Naked" Cherry Tomato Salad
Ingredients55 m servings 55
- Cut small, shallow X on the bottom of each tomato. Remove any stems. Place some ice cubes in a bowl of water.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and stir them gently until skin begins to peel back from Xs, about 10 to 20 seconds. Immediately transfer tomatoes to ice water with a slotted spoon.
- Gently peel off skins and place "naked" tomatoes in a bowl.
- Place mint leaves in a small bowl. Add vinegar, olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended, bruising the mint leaves to release the flavor. Drizzle over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 30 to 60 minutes. About halfway through chilling, gently stir to coat tomatoes in dressing.
- Drizzle with a few drops of sherry vinegar and olive oil, if desired. Serve drizzled with dressing and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Per Serving: 55 calories; 4.7 3.2 0.6 0 73 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Let me start by saying that my ingredients weren’t of the highest quality (tomatoes not in season and lacking that homegrown punch). I also forgot to grab fresh mint at the grocery and used (ga...
So simple but incredibly fresh and delicious. It’s a great way to use all the cherry tomatoes in the garden. I wonder if these could be canned...
Followed the recipe and served it to fellow foodies to excellent reviews. Will definitely make again.