Micah's 4 1/2-Alarm Chili
Ingredients14 h 55 m servings 196 cals
- Combine ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Pour off excess grease.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain and cut into pieces.
- Combine beef mixture, bacon, kidney beans, baked beans, tomatoes, brown sugar, barbeque rub, chili powder, hot sauce, and garlic powder in a large pot. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring every 30 minutes, until bubbling, 2 to 3 hours. Remove chili from heat and let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate chili, 8 hours to overnight.
- Reheat chili over low heat, stirring every 30 minutes, for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also make this in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Substitute 1 to 2 cups cubed cooked ham for the bacon if desired. Substitute 3 cups fresh tomatoes for the canned if desired.
- Substitute barbeque sauce for the rub if preferred.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 6.3 g fat; 25.3 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 810 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I just made this tonight and everyone loved it!!!! It was by far the best chili I have had!!!! I will continue to use this recipe!
I made this recipe yesterday. The blend of flavors and the sweet contrasted against the spicy makes for an explosion of goodness with every bite. The longer the chilli sits, the better the fl...
Made this for a board game weekend with college friends & it was a huge hit!! Might add a dash more of hot sauce next time.