Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 89
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place butternut squash halves cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender when pierced with a fork, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool, about 15 minutes. Scoop flesh into a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Mix flour, oats, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and shortening in a bowl until blended, about 30 seconds. Add white sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add mashed squash, egg, milk, and vanilla extract; beat thoroughly until dough is combined. Fold in flour mixture.
- Chill dough until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop 1-inch scoops of dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree for the butternut squash if desired.
- Substitute soy milk for the milk if desired.
Per Serving: 89 calories; 3.2 14.4 1.5 9 79 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1