0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe was created when my four-year-old daughter asked to make peanut butter cups and I had to tell her we were out of peanut butter. She said, That's ok, let's just use speculoos spread! Brilliant. Speculoos cookies are a traditional cookie common here in Belgium, as well as Holland and Germany. You can find them in America with a bit of searching. Trader Joe's® and Amazon sell both speculoos cookies and spread (which they call cookie butter)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 155
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 speculoos cups)
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water; heat, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop 1 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate into 12 silicone or paper cupcake liners; spread evenly around the bottom and partway up the sides with a spoon. Chill until set, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix cookie butter and crushed cookies together in a small bowl to make filling.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the filling over the chilled chocolate. Cover with remaining melted chocolate, smoothing the tops with a spoon. Chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you like things to have a bit of crunch, do not crush the cookies as finely as you might otherwise.
- You can use whatever chocolate is your personal favorite!
Per Serving: 155 calories; 9.4 16.5 0.9 1 19 Full nutrition