Ingredients2 h 6 m servings 299
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brush butter lightly over squash halves. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, green bell pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Scrape squash flesh into the skillet; mix into the beef mixture. Spoon into a large casserole dish. Fold in mozzarella cheese; top with crushed crackers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Chop 2 fresh tomatoes instead of using canned diced tomatoes if desired.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 16.1 25.8 12.7 37 465 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This spaghetti squash casserole if good, but I took it up a notch the second time I made it by using mild Italian sausage instead of ground beef.
This Spaghetti Squash casserole was a quick meal to put together. I was able to do it in one deep frying pan, straight from stove-top to oven. A flavourful, colourful meal that not only was en...
It was great but with cooking the spaghetti squash first it does take time as the receipe states, would still do it again