Ingredients2 h 6 m servings 299
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brush butter lightly over squash halves. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, green bell pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Scrape squash flesh into the skillet; mix into the beef mixture. Spoon into a large casserole dish. Fold in mozzarella cheese; top with crushed crackers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Chop 2 fresh tomatoes instead of using canned diced tomatoes if desired.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 16.1 25.8 12.7 37 465 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This spaghetti squash casserole if good, but I took it up a notch the second time I made it by using mild Italian sausage instead of ground beef.
It was great but with cooking the spaghetti squash first it does take time as the receipe states, would still do it again