Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 582
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Blend in the egg yolks, one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk. The dough will be stiff like a cookie dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces and shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 9-inch circle. Place on cookie sheets and prick with a fork in several places.
- Bake cookies in batches in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are just starting to brown. Let cool.
- In a saucepan, boil the unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours. Monitor the water closely to make sure there is always water covering the cans. Remove cans from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small measuring cup, combine the brandy and water.
- Place one cookie layer on serving plate. Brush with brandy mixture, then spread with the now-thickened condensed milk. Sprinkle with nuts. Continue stacking until all layers are used.
Per Serving: 582 calories; 27.4 69.9 12.4 111 250 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
Hi everyone! so, i live in chile where this is a very popular cake. But it is a very intense cake, a little piece will go a loooooooong way, thats why several bakerys here have started to includ...
This recipe is an amazing authentic Chilean cake also known as “Torta de Mil Hojas” or “Thousand Layers Cake.” I made this for my Chilean husband’s birthday and he was very impressed with the r...
This dessert came out fabulous! I had eaten it years ago at a Chilean friends house, and mine came out just as good. I added a bit more butter to the pastry just so that it was more flaky and wo...
I have been looking for this receipe for 15 to 16 years... after having mislayed mine. My son married a young girl from Chile and I made it for their "wedding cake." It was such a success & th...
We adapted this recipe to cap off a Chilean wine tasting party and it was a huge hit. We found that the comments of reviewers on this page were very helpful; e.g., the prep/cooking times are lo...
This was a fantastic dessert! I made the recipe as instructed and it looked like an artisan masterpiece. I got rave reviews on it as well. It is very time consuming, I think I may add the whi...
This cake was very delicious for my family. I have heard much about "Torta de mil hojas", but I`ve never tried it before. I decided to try this recipe. I had only one can sweetened condensed mil...
This recipe is awesome! I used a large plate to cut out the circles so they were all an equal size. I'm making this cake again today to sell at a Chilean fundraiser!