Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 623
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x10-inch glass baking dish with butter-flavored shortening; dust with flour.
- Place apples in a colander. Douse with lemon juice; drain. Cut with an apple slicer and place into a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon allspice and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Arrange seasoned apples in the prepared baking dish; cover evenly with sliced butter.
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, mulling spice, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar, coconut oil, applesauce, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a stand mixer on medium speed. Beat in oat mixture on low speed, scraping down the sides, until dough is combined.
- Spoon dough over apple mixture; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you cannot find mulling spice, substitute with a mixture of white sugar, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon extract and triple sec to get a similar effect.
- Baking powder can be substituted with 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar.
Per Serving: 623 calories; 35.4 74.8 6.5 93 478 Full nutrition