Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 217
Original recipe yields 24 servings (3 pies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray cut sides of pumpkin with cooking spray. Place cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Let cool, about 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Scoop cooked pumpkin into a bowl. Add sugar, applesauce, coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, salt, and ground cloves; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Divide pumpkin mixture among pie shells.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees (175 degrees C) and continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack, at least 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- Sometimes the cooked pumpkin is stringy; running it through a food processor or a blender will fix that.
- Substituting Splenda® for sugar gives the filling a slightly lighter, fluffier texture, unlike the brick of pumpkin that a lot of pumpkin pies end up being.
- For a non-vegan version, or if you don't have coconut milk or applesauce, you can substitute 1 can of evaporated milk and 3 eggs respectively.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 11.1 28.9 2.3 0 168 Full nutrition