Chipotle Leek and Potato Soup
Ingredients1 h 39 m servings 385 cals
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks and salt; cook, stirring often, until very soft, about 20 minutes. Stir in red bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add chipotle pepper, cumin, thyme, and white pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir vegetable broth and potatoes into the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer soup, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in milk and cream. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender to desired smoothness. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute fresh thyme for the dried if desired.
- For a healthier version, use less or no cream at all and add more stock or water to get the right consistency.
- Use a blender instead of an immersion blender to puree the soup if preferred.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 18.7 g fat; 48.8 g carbohydrates; 7.4 g protein; 53 mg cholesterol; 561 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
A delicious, smooth and spicy soup. I left out the cream, as written in the notes. After tasting it, I realized it needed the cream. It was good without. It was even better with the cream. Thank...