Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 31 m servings 92 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spread Hatch chile peppers on top.
- Cook under the preheated broiler, turning once, until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and seal tightly with plastic wrap. Let cool, about 20 minutes. Peel and seed peppers; dice flesh.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in diced chile peppers and tomatoes. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour into the pot.
- Pour broth into the pot; add cumin, chili powder, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute chicken broth for the vegetable broth if desired.
Per Serving: 92 calories; 2.7 g fat; 14.6 g carbohydrates; 3.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 685 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is almost the same recipe that I make for Pork Colorado Green Chile. The only difference is I do not use chile powder and I use 4 cups chicken broth rather than 5 cups vegetable broth. I p...