Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 173
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cremini mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, onion, cumin, coriander, garlic, and cardamom in a large bowl. Place half of the mushroom mixture in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Repeat with remaining mushroom mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chopped mushroom mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until the edges begin to crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and mushroom mixture.
- Pulse cannellini beans in the food processor until coarsely chopped; add to the bowl with cooked mushroom mixture. Add falafel mix, cilantro, parsley, egg, and salt. Stir gently to combine. Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are browned and the center is completely set, 75 to 90 minutes. Cool pan on a wire rack, about 30 minutes. Invert onto a cutting board and slice.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute chickpeas for the cannellini beans if desired.
Per Serving: 173 calories; 5.2 22.7 10.9 23 593 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This turned out so much better than I expected. I used all white button mushrooms as that is all I had and lentils instead of beans (again that's what was in the cupboard). It was moist and very...
I added a tomato paste glaze like I do for regular meat loaf. A little more work than I anticipated, but the end result is delicious.