Tas Kebab (Persian Lamb and Vegetable Stew)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 467 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pour oil into a pot. Cover the bottom of the pot with onions; add lamb. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, turmeric, and cinnamon.
- Layer garlic, ginger, prunes, carrots, quince, eggplant, and tomato onto the seasoned lamb. Sprinkle with 1 pinch of salt. Pour in water, tomato juice, and lemon juice.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, until lamb is tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Add potatoes and cover. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 green apples for the quince if desired.
- This stew can be cooked with lamb or beef and any vegetables desired.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 10.7 g fat; 71.2 g carbohydrates; 26.7 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 496 mg sodium. Full nutrition