Tunisian Grilled Salad (Selata Mishwiya)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a a grilled salad that is quite common throughout Tunisia. There are variations on how this salad is made throughout the different cities and regions of Tunisia. You can even use it as a spread in sandwiches. It's one of my family's best-loved recipes. Enjoy with nice warm crusty French bread or even crackers."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 320
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine olive oil, garlic, harissa, ras el hanout, ground chile pepper, salt, and pepper in a mortar; mash into a paste with a pestle.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tomatoes, green bell peppers, onion, and green chile peppers on the baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler, turning occasionally, until skins have blackened and insides are soft, about 10 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Peel, seed, and chop into small pieces.
- Place tomato mixture in a large bowl. Stir in garlic paste mixture slowly with a wooden spoon. Spoon onto a serving platter. Garnish with tuna, eggs, and olives. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over platter. Arrange remaining wedges on the sides.
You might also like
Per Serving: 320 calories; 21.8 19.1 15.9 117 389 Full nutrition