Ghorayebah (Butter Biscuits for Eid)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 110
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Mix sugar and ghee together until creamy; stir in vanilla extract and baking powder. Add flour in small batches until dough is thickened and combined.
- Roll dough into walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Flatten slightly and press a clove into the center.
- Bake in the preheated oven until ivory, 10 to 20 minutes. Cool on the sheets for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- In the Middle East, ghee is called "samna." In English, it is known as "clarified butter."
- Almonds or any other topping of your choosing can be substituted for the cloves.
Per Serving: 110 calories; 6.9 11.2 0.9 17 19 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1