Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 21 m servings 391 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 12x18-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12x18-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 cup pepper-type soda and 1 cup butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; heat until butter is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, vanilla extract, and baking soda together in a small bowl. Pour flour mixture; mix until batter is blended. Add butter mixture, 1/3 of the bacon, and chocolate chips; mix thoroughly. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is dry and edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Combine 6 tablespoons pepper-type soda, 1/2 cup butter, and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 of the remaining bacon and confectioners' sugar; whisk until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Garnish with remaining bacon. Cool until frosting sets, about 20 minutes. Cut into squares.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add as little or as much bacon as you please. Eliminate it to make just Dr Pepper® Brownies.
- For a thicker frosting, add more confectioners' sugar.
Per Serving: 391 calories; 18.6 g fat; 54.6 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 370 mg sodium. Full nutrition