Christmas Tea (Peruvian Style)
made it | 0 reviews |
"When I was younger, my family would always make Aguadito de pollo (made with beer and large Peruvian potatoes) during the holidays, which they allowed to cook for 3 days to concentrate the flavors. Due to the nature of the stew and its ability to upset your stomach, they served it with this tea. It's an amazing soup and an even better tea. I hope everyone enjoys it!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 52 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 quarts)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Add apple and tea bags. Let stand, about 5 minutes.
- Place cinnamon, peppercorns, allspice, and cloves in the coffee filter. Tie securely with kitchen string and add to the saucepan. Steep until flavors combine, about 10 minutes. Discard apple. Steep tea for 5 minutes more.
- Strain tea into serving cups. Add 2 tablespoons anisette liqueur and some sweetener to each cup.
- Cook's Notes:
- Earl grey tea is a good substitute for the Wuyi tea. Any mild black or green tea blend will do.
- Substitute ouzo for the annisette liqueur if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of apple. The actual amount of apple consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 52 calories; 0.1 g fat; 8.8 g carbohydrates; 0.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 9 mg sodium. Full nutrition