"I adapted this from a korokke recipe I frequently use. Korokke is a Japanese fried croquette made with seasoned ground meat and mashed potato. I combined the seasoning used there with a standard meatloaf recipe to create this fun hybrid. I serve it with mashed potatoes and a spicy barbeque sauce."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 310
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat corn oil and sesame oil in a large skillet. Add carrots, green bell pepper, and onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, sake, mirin, sugar, and fish soup stock. Mix in garlic and ginger. Let cool, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix turkey, pork, and eggs together in a large bowl until blended. Stir in cooled carrot mixture and bread crumbs until well combined. Press evenly into a loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 30 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C); continue baking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 30 minutes more.
- Let stand before serving, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute cream sherry for the mirin if desired.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 15.6 20.1 26 125 642 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1