Jan's Peppered Pork Chops With Mushrooms and Herb Sherry Sauce
Ingredients25 m servings 380
- Press crushed pepper corns onto each side of pork chops.
- Prepare Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic begins to turn golden but not brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme; cook for 2 minutes.
- Place pork chops in skillet and cook 5 minutes; turn. Add mushrooms; season with salt. Slowly pour in dry sherry. Cover and cook another 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Transfer pork chops to a warm serving dish. Continue to cook mushrooms until tender, if needed. Mix together cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Pour mushroom sauce over chops and serve immediately with a side of Prepare Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes.
- Cook's Note:
- I use double the measurement of peppercorns as we like spicy. I also double the sauce and mushrooms and serve over mashed potatoes in place of gravy. This is a perfect meal with creamy, Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes! Fresh herbs make all the difference but you may substitute dry ingredients if needed. Be sure to cut the measurement in half if using dry ingredients as they tend to be more potent.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 22.8 5.1 36.8 109 363 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Loved, Loved, Loved these pork chops! The combination of herbs and sherry gave the sauce and chops a wonderful complex flavor. I took the suggestion in the review of Kim's Cooking Now and r...
This dish was absolutely amazing! The Idahoan Signature Russets are perfect. They come out so much better than other instant potatoes. Also the pork chops have awesome flavor. Definitely a winne...
Great meal, and quick and easy enough for a weeknight! I only used 4 pork chops (for me, hubby and the two kids), and only made 4 servings of the Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes (acco...
Made this tonight. A yummy recipe that is company worthy, but quick and easy to make and clean up! I used the dried herbs (was sure to adjust accordingly) instead of fresh, but did not change th...
This was so good! Restaurant worthy for sure. I would expect this level of flavor in the finest establishments. However, the exception to that sentiment is the instant potatoes. No matter what b...
I've made this twice now and it was delicious both times. For the fresh herbs I bought the "poultry blend," which has sage, rosemary and thyme in one package, and bought a bunch of fresh parsley...
I loved this recipe... very simple and delicious. The Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes work perfectly as a side dish blending with the sauce. I'm making this recipe in the future.