Ingredients25 m servings 513
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sautee diced onions in oil until tender and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cooked mashed potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Place tortillas on a plate. Heat in microwave until pliable, 15 to 20 seconds.
- Place 1/4 cup of potato mixture in each tortilla, fold in half and secure each end with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a skillet until shimmering. Fry each taco until crispy and golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove toothpicks and top with garnishes.
Per Serving: 513 calories; 34.6 46.7 7.3 6 229 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
These were great! Just like my mom makes them. If anyone else wants to make them, I'd like to suggest the perfect homemade salsa for them: tomatoes, dried red chiles, salt, garlic and oregano. T...
Loved this! I added some onions and peppers to the potatoes for color and taste.
Never thought to use leftover mashed potatoes for tacos....even though I have tried potato tacos at Mexican eateries and loved them!!! I am going to have these for lunch today. You can customiz...
I didn't make this recipe as written. I made real mashed potatoes and mixed in sour cream and bacon. I also added minced garlic to the onions when sauteing (in bacon grease). And I added some cu...