Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients37 m servings 507 cals
- Mix flour and water together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in cabbage, bacon, eggs, sausage, green onions, shrimp, cheese, and tenkasu.
- Preheat a griddle to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C); coat with oil. Pour in flour mixture in the shape of a pancake. Cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Mix soy sauce, ketchup, and vinegar together in a small bowl to make okonomiyaki sauce. Drizzle over pancake. Garnish with panko and mayonnaise.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a spicy okonomiyaki sauce, add cayenne pepper.
- Substitute crumbled saltine crackers for the panko bread crumbs if desired.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 28.9 g fat; 33.8 g carbohydrates; 27.9 g protein; 164 mg cholesterol; 1641 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Okonomiyaki is such a comfort food for me because I grew up with it. There are two ways of making this dish -- the Kansai (Osaka) style and the Hiroshima style. This recipe is giving you the Kan...
never made it but it was the only thing that came up when i searched llama so that in itself gets five stars maybe one day i will try it