Spice Cake Whoopie Pies
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients44 m servings 421
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, apple butter, oil and eggs until smooth. Let stand for 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, a heaping rounded tablespoon at a time. Space them about 2 inches apart. (Using a small scoop will keep the size consistent.)
- Bake for about 14 minutes and let them cool completely.
- Frost the flat side of each "pie" half with either the marshmallow fluff (see Note below) or the cream cheese frosting, and place halves together.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla, and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Store whoopie pies in sealed container in refrigerator.
You might also like
- You can substitute marshmallow creme for the cream cheese frosting as a filling.
Per Serving: 421 calories; 20 58.4 3.8 50 249 Full nutrition