Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 288 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in egg, apple butter, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Divide batter between 18 standard muffin tins prepared with paper liners. Bake 25-27 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a mixer, whip butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing for 1 minute between each addition.
- Mix in cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Mix 1-2 more minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Refrigerate frosting 15-30 minutes before piping onto cupcakes.
- Refrigerate cupcakes until serving.
- Based on reviewer comments, we have reduced the frosting ingredient amounts to produce a smaller amount of frosting.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 11.3 g fat; 44.6 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 209 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These were very good! I did what the first reviewer recommended and only made half of the icing and that was plenty. Also, instead of the spices listed, I used 2 tsp of Apple Pie Spice.
I'm kind of new to this whole cooking and baking thing, so I really appreciate easy deserts like this! My recipe only turned out 14 cupcakes rather than 18 but that doesn't really bother me :) I...
This could easily be a 5 star recipe except that the frosting amount is ridiculous. The frosting part of this recipe makes at least twice, if not three times as much frosting as needed, even w...