Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 404 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until mushy, about 5 minutes. Stir in miso paste and fish sauce; simmer until flavors combine, about 2 minutes.
- Pour water into the pot; bring to a boil. Add fish fillets and radish; simmer until radish softens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in chile peppers, mustard greens, and kalamansi juice. Simmer, uncovered, until greens are wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any variety of white fish can be substituted for the red snapper. Some people like to substitute fish head for the fish fillets. If using fish head, have the fishmonger remove the gills and scales.
- Substitute kangkong or swamp cabbage for the pungent mustard greens if desired. You can omit the white radish. You can add more vegetables like yard-long beans.
- Water that has been used to wash rice can be substituted for the plain water if desired.
- Sinigang sa kalamansi powder or sinigang sa sampaloc (tamarind seasoning mix) can be substituted for the Filipino lemon juice.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 11.2 g fat; 23.6 g carbohydrates; 52.8 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 730 mg sodium. Full nutrition