Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 106
- Combine milk, 2 teaspoons sugar, and yeast in a large bowl; stir until sugar and yeast are fully dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining sugar, flour, and salt together in a large bowl. Pour in milk mixture and vegetable oil. Mix until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a flat work surface. Knead until smooth. Shape into a ball and return to the bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled, at least 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions using a bench knife. Roll each portion into a log; slice diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Pour bread crumbs onto a large plate. Roll each piece of dough in bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let rise until puffy, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour if needed.
- Substitute melted butter for the oil if desired.
- For faster and easier kneading, you may use a stand mixer with the dough hook attached.
Per Serving: 106 calories; 4.2 15.5 1.8 2 350 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this as written and it came out great! The whole family loved it especially right from the oven. I kneaded the dough for 10 minutes. I let it rise twice. 2 hours for the first rise and 1 ...
I've made these rolls twice. These are very good. I used all purpose flour both times. For kneading, I used the bread hook on my mixer. The dough is incredibly sticky, so a mixer is preferable. ...
I made some changes, I used water instead of milk. I let the yeast mixture sit for about 10 minutes. I used less sugar so it won’t be too sweet 2/4 cups instead of 3/4 cups. It turned out great.
This is what it would taste back home. Thanks for the recipe!