Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Caramelized Onions and White Truffle Butter
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 340 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are dark and soft, about 25 minutes.
- Mix butter, shallot, and truffle oil in a bowl until blended. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook steaks until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and bake until steaks are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 4 to 6 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Let rest in the skillet, covered, about 5 minutes.
- Slice steaks and transfer to serving plates. Cover with onions; top with a slice of truffle butter.
- Cook's Notes:
- The butter and steak preparation can be done while onions are cooking. I like the onions dark, but you can stop cooking them at any time. Adjust cooking time for well-done steaks.
- Reserve leftover pan juice for a nice sauce.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 29.5 g fat; 5.7 g carbohydrates; 13.3 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 166 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Great decadent recipe that's great for a special treat. I basically followed all the directions, except I added butter to the pan before putting it in the oven. Also, next time I'll either drop ...