Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Caramelized Onions and White Truffle Butter
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 340
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are dark and soft, about 25 minutes.
- Mix butter, shallot, and truffle oil in a bowl until blended. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook steaks until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and bake until steaks are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 4 to 6 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Let rest in the skillet, covered, about 5 minutes.
- Slice steaks and transfer to serving plates. Cover with onions; top with a slice of truffle butter.
- Cook's Notes:
- The butter and steak preparation can be done while onions are cooking. I like the onions dark, but you can stop cooking them at any time. Adjust cooking time for well-done steaks.
- Reserve leftover pan juice for a nice sauce.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 29.5 5.7 13.3 71 166 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great decadent recipe that's great for a special treat. I basically followed all the directions, except I added butter to the pan before putting it in the oven. Also, next time I'll either drop ...
Steak turned out perfectly, and the recipe was simple and delicious.
I'll admit I changed it up a bit but let me explain. All 3 elements are key but all 3 are cooked separately. I say the caramelized onions made the dish. Hubs said the truffle butter did. What we...