Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 420
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute apples until tender, 7 minutes, then transfer to prepared baking dish along with bread. Toss to combine.
- Whisk together sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in whole eggs and yolks until well combined, then whisk in milk, cream, and vanilla. Pour mixture evenly over bread mixture. Let stand, covered, 45 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake pudding until bread has absorbed custard and is set, about 50 minutes.
Per Serving: 420 calories; 20.2 46.8 13.4 200 502 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great recipe. I added chopped pecans and served with fresh whipped cream. A new Christmas dinner favorite.
I used gluten free bread, skim milk, and half and half, which may be why it took at least 40 extra minutes to cook. Apples never got soft like pie. I would cut them much smaller next time or use...
Take the sugar down a bit say to 3/4 cup. I added a bit of grand mariner, I confess. But overall beautiful and soft Looking forward to morning reheats with a cup of my blue mountain coffee.