Spiced Couscous with Shrimp and Chermoula
"Take the hassle out of making Spiced Couscous and Shrimp at home with the pure flavor of McCormick® herbs and spices. A blend of turmeric, cinnamon and cumin lends warmth to a traditional homemade Chermoula--a Moroccan herb sauce typically served with seafood. Layer sauce, couscous and shrimp in a bowl for a Moroccan-inspired meal worth gathering around the table for."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 415 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- For the Spice Blend, mix all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- For the Chermoula, place cilantro, garlic and lemon juice in blender container; cover. Blend until almost smooth. Gradually add oil with machine running. Blend until smooth. Mix in 1 1/4 teaspoons of the Spice Blend. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- For the Couscous, bring water to boil in small saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients and another 1 1/4 teaspoons of the Spice Blend. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- For the Shrimp, toss shrimp with remaining Spice Blend in medium bowl until evenly coated. Heat oil in medium skillet on high heat. Add shrimp; cook 1 minute per side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- To serve, spoon Chermoula into serving bowl. Top with couscous and shrimp. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Per Serving: 415 calories; 25.8 g fat; 32.3 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 86 mg cholesterol; 405 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1