Holly's Shrimp Corn Bread
Ingredients57 m servings 530
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). (If using a countertop induction oven, preheat to 325 degrees (165 degrees C)). Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and Creole seasoning in a bowl. Add eggs and butter; mix until smooth. Fold corn, shrimp, 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, onion, and jalapeno peppers into the batter. Spread in the prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese on top; continue baking until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute langostino, crawfish, lobster, or prawns for the shrimp if desired. You can also add cooked sausage.
- Substitute your favorite semi-hard cheese for the white Cheddar cheese if desired.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper for less heat.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 29.7 42 25.6 291 851 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
One of my favorites!! I add a table spoon of honey to mix
Mine was dry, all I tasted was cornmeal and shrimp.
Like many others mine came out very with a strange texture. The shrimp and corn came out good and the taste was good but I wonder if adding sugar,more seasoning and a couple of ounces of water o...
I loved this recipe. My whole family did too. Thank you so much. It will be a regular favorite. Aurora
I did add roasted red pepper to the mix, plus I semi cook the shrimp with garlic and a blend of fresh spices and a touch of lemon. Also I subs the yellow onion mice for sheredd red onion.
This had an interesting texture. Unfortunately, mine came out a little dry. Possibly because I tried to cut the recipe in half without doing the math. I will try again!
This had a really nice flavor! I used a combo of shrimp and crab. Mine did come out a bit on the dry side, but that could've been my fault. The spicy/sweet combo was great! I would make this ag...