Cliff's Greek Breakfast Pitas
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 661
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). (Set countertop conduction oven to Combo 2.) Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, extending it up the sides.
- Arrange bacon in a single layer on the foil (slight overlapping is okay as bacon will shrink). Place in preheated oven and cook until your desired level of doneness is reached, 10 and 20 minutes. (For countertop induction oven, cook bacon 8 to 10 minutes.) Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and reserve bacon fat.
- Place Greek yogurt in a bowl. Cut 1 cucumber in half and grate half into the yogurt. Stir in minced garlic, white pepper, and kosher salt to make tzatziki sauce.
- Slice the remaining cucumber into thin slices and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Drain grease.
- Transfer bacon fat to skillet over medium heat. Add pita rounds; toast until golden brown, about 30 seconds per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Top each pita with bacon and sausage. Layer tzatziki sauce, spring mix, Roma tomatoes, cucumber slices, and onion on each pita.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet. Crack in 1 egg; cook until set but still soft, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Place egg on top of layered pita. Repeat with remaining oil and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 661 calories; 50 21.1 31.2 266 1510 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Cliff, your dish is AMAZING! Made it again this morning for about five people and it was easy to do and received rave reviews. I love the tsaziki sauce and love that I can now make this from scr...
I saw this on the TV show Allrecipes Dinner Spinner, this past Saturday, and loved the ingredients used. The greek breakfast pita is high in protein and love the greek yogurt sauce. I've tried...
I loved this breakfast pita! It was hearty, but, fresh with the spring mix, onion, & tomato. I made with turkey sausage instead of regular pork sausage and used green onions instead of white...
WOW, what a great explosion of flavors and textures! I used romaine instead of spring mix b/c that's what I had on hand. Also, I had a hard time splitting the pitas once they were fried, so I ju...
When I saw Cliff make this recipe I was very impressed by the mix of favors. This recipe has everything you need to start the day, greens, tomatoes, yogurt and more protein with the meat and the...
This is a recipe I will make over and over again. It is loaded with protein, flavor, and color. The homemade tzatziki sauce really made the dish!
Thanks, Cliff, for our delicious lunch today! When I first made the sauce, I thought, "WOW! That's a lot of pepper!" But it totally worked! The flavors were very tasty, and we absolutely hav...
Incredibly good! The homemade tzatziki sauce puts it over the top.